Packing, Moving and Home Shifting Tips and Articles
We share tips and advise on Home and car shifting very often. Check out some of the recent articles that our team has posted below.
Quick and Simple Moving Tips and Advice for Safe and Secured Home Shifting
There are several professional Packers and Movers service providers who offers packing and moving services and have maintained a distinct reputation due to their reliability and promptness of goods relocation services in India. Usually these packers and movers service providers offers all types of packing and moving services such as household goods moving services, office shifting, industrial goods shifting and relocation services, car transportation services. So hiring Packers and Movers service providers is always the best way to relocate, but at times you may feel like doing it all yourself. Just check out some of these shifting and relocation tips and advice for safe and secured shifting and relocation.
- First thing first. Make a detailed list of all your household goods that you want to get packed and moved.
- Then prepare a schedule for packing, moving and transporting of your goods.
- Now start packing your goods. Ideally you should be packing one room at a time. Packing all items in a day or two will make you tired. So plan and schedule your tasks accordingly.
- Pack similar size or type of items together, to ensure you are not wasting any space inside the box and items are placed well.
- Always put heavy items at the bottom and lighter ones on top of it (inside the box) and same technique should be used at the time of loading these boxes in the truck.
- Labeling each box with a description of its contents and its destination (e.g., kitchen, bathroom) will be of great help.
- Keep the weight of your boxes reasonable. If possible, put heavy items in small boxes to make them easier to carry.
- Don't apply tape directly to polished or painted wood finishes. Removing the tape could ruin the surface and damage your paintings.
- Double-box fragile items and add plenty of cushioning.
- Get your new home/address cleaned before starting unpacking.
- Make sure you load everything you're taking yourself in the car and lock it!
- Switch everything off, lock up and leave!
- Unpack all electrical items as quickly as possible and check for damage - you may have a limited window for insurance claims.
And finally, apply your logic. Packing and shifting is very specific to individual's requirements. So feel free to experiment as you feel like and apply your experince.
Posted by Pradeep Chaudhary on 19 January 2015 at 11:20am.